The fee for the course will be charged online when you sign in for the course.
In this course, the student will be introduced to the core concepts of the Satir Model. The course begins with Satir’s concept of the different ways of viewing the world, proposing that the world has historically operated from a Threat and Reward Model of dominance and conformity and needs to move to a Seed/Growth Model where people are viewed as equal in value and celebrated for their uniqueness.
After which, you will learn about Satir’s understanding of the universality of being human; the influence of the family of origin on relationships; the systemic process of the family; the importance of helping people access their inner resources and their self-worth.
The course ends with a focus on the universal process of change and the role of the therapist.
The learning objectives for the course aim to teach the student to:
- Understand the difference between the Threat and Reward Model and the Seed Model
- Understand the universality of the human process
- Understand the influence of the family of origin on relationships
- Understand the systemic process of families
- Understand the importance of helping people access their resources and self-worth
- Understand the universal process of change
- Understand the role of a therapist according to Satir
This course is not sold on our website. To sign-up, please go to www.openlearning.com.