ANNOUNCING a NEW ONLINE COURSE on SATIR FUNDAMENTALS
(6 Continuing Education Credit Hours Awarded Upon Successful Completion of the Course)
We are excited to tell you about our new online self-study course developed by Stephen Buckbee, LSW, LPC and Sharon Loeschen, LCSW, discussing the core concepts of the Satir Model and using videos of Satir to demonstrate the concepts.
The course begins with Satir’s concept of the different ways of viewing the world, proposing that the world has historically operated from a Threat and Reward Model of dominance and conformity and needs to move to a Seed/Growth Model where people are viewed as equal in value and celebrated for their uniqueness. After which, you will learn about Satir’s understanding of the universality of being human; the influence of the family of origin on relationships; the systemic process of the family; the importance of helping people access their inner resources and their self-worth. The course ends with a focus on the universal process of change and the role of the therapist.
The learning objectives for the course are that the student will be able to:
• Understand the difference between the Threat and Reward Model and the Seed Model.
• Understand the universality of the human process.
• Understand the influence of the family of origin on relationships.
• Understand the systemic process of families.
• Understand the importance of helping people access their resources and self-worth.
• Understand the universal process of change.
TO SIGN UP, GO TO www.satirglobal.org and click on Education in the Menu.